Welcome to CraftRugs.com — your online source for factory-direct area rugs at up to 70% off M.S.R.P.
With over 50,000 styles and sizes from the world's best area rug brands, such as Karastan, Colonial Mills, Sphinx by Oriental Weavers, Shaw Living, Rhody Rug, Mohawk Select, Concord Global, Home Dynamix, and Capel, CraftRugs.com has the perfect area rug for every room and style. In addition to our large selection, CraftRugs.com offers Free Ground Shipping on all area rugs and rug pads shipped within the continental US, a 15 day In-Home Trial, and our Lowest Price Guarantee.
CraftRugs.com has launched this blog as part of its new website. Please check back often for information on the area rug brands we sell, special area rug discount offers, area rug buyers guides and design tips, area rug care and maintenance, and new product introductions.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Faux Silk is a man-made fiber made from polyester fibers and is a cost effective alternative to silk.
- Naturally durable;
- Naturally soft; and
- Naturally absorbent of dyes.
Cotton fibers are not as long lasting as wool fibers and therefore are often combined with other fibers.
- Resistant to fading;
- Resistant to water-soluble stains;
- Soft to the touch; and
Overall, polyester fibers are very similar to nylon fibers, however they are not as durable.
Nylon is a man-made fiber derived from petroleum products. Nylon fibers are:
- Resistant to most dirt, mildew and moistures;
- Easy to clean and maintain;
- Known for their non-allergenic properties;
- Very resiliant and durable; and
- Available in endless colorations.
Nylon fibers' reptuation for resiliancy, durability, and cleanability make it an ideal choice for high traffic areas.
- Colorfast and resist fading;
- Inherently stain resistant;
- Resistant to abrasion;
- Resistant to moisture, mildew, and piling;
- Able to be used outdoors;
- Luxurious in appearance;
- Soft to the touch; and
- Favorably priced.
The abovementioned attributes have made olefin (polypropylene) fibers one of the most popular fibers used in today's area rugs. Despite all the advantages of (polypropylene) fibers, they are not as resilient as nylon or wool and therefore may not be the best choice for high traffic areas.
- Resilient. Wool fibers have a natural crimp in them which make them naturally resilient. This natural resiliency gives wool area rugs long-lasting durability.
- Comfortable. Wool fibers are naturally soft, yet durable thanks to their natural resiliency.
- Easy to Care For. Wool fibers naturally repell water and soil. This makes wool area rugs easy to clean and maintain.
- Green. Wool is a natural, renewable, and recyclable resource, which is good for the environment.
- Safe. Wool fibers are naturally flame resilient.
- Rich Colors. Wool fibers absorb and hold dye better than any other area rug material. This gives wool area rugs rich, deep colors Area rugs made from wool have deep, rich colors which cannot be replicated in synthetic fibers.
Wool fibers which have been further processed to remove the shorter fibers are called worsted wool fibers. Worsted wool fibers are more durable than non-worsted wool fibers.
Rhody Rug, a small family business, was established in 1983. From the very beginning, their objective was to build a company that was different. Where most companies have pretentious visions of unlimited growth, Rhody Rug is determined that theirs would be a future of controlled expansion where they could preserve the hand skills necessary in providing superior braided rugs. Rhody Rug offers superior quality, fast delivery, and exceptional value!
View the entire line of Rhody Rug braided rugs at CraftRugs.com.