- Use a Rug Pad. A quality rug pad, like our Super Movenot pad, will: keep your rug from sliding around and bunching up, which may cause premature wear; provide a luxurious feel underfoot; and will help extend the life of your area rug by reducing the wear on your area rug.
- Rotate your Rug Periodically. Over time, set traffic or sunlight patterns may cause uneven wear or fading on area rugs. Rotating your area rug 180 degrees once a year will help even out traffic patterns and fading effects of the sun.
- Vacuum your Rug Regularly. Regular vacuuming is the best way to remove everyday dirt and prevent soil from accumulating in your area rug. If possible, set your vacuum to suction only; if that is not possible, raise the beater bar/brushes to the highest possible setting and avoid vacuuming loose fringe.
- Clean Spills Quickly. Clean up spills quickly to avoid staining.
- Cut loose yarn or tufts. If you have a loose yarn or tuft, use a scissor and cut it down to the height of the pile; do not pull loose yarns or tufts.
Welcome to CraftRugs.com — your online source for factory-direct area rugs at up to 70% off M.S.R.P.
With over 50,000 styles and sizes from the world's best area rug brands, such as Karastan, Colonial Mills, Sphinx by Oriental Weavers, Shaw Living, Rhody Rug, Mohawk Select, Concord Global, Home Dynamix, and Capel, CraftRugs.com has the perfect area rug for every room and style. In addition to our large selection, CraftRugs.com offers Free Ground Shipping on all area rugs and rug pads shipped within the continental US, a 15 day In-Home Trial, and our Lowest Price Guarantee.
CraftRugs.com has launched this blog as part of its new website. Please check back often for information on the area rug brands we sell, special area rug discount offers, area rug buyers guides and design tips, area rug care and maintenance, and new product introductions.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Craftrugs.com recommends visiting the website of the manufacturer of your area rug for specific cleaning and maintenance instructions. Links can be found in our links section. However, below are some general maintenance and care suggestions.