- Resilient. Wool fibers have a natural crimp in them which make them naturally resilient. This natural resiliency gives wool area rugs long-lasting durability.
- Comfortable. Wool fibers are naturally soft, yet durable thanks to their natural resiliency.
- Easy to Care For. Wool fibers naturally repell water and soil. This makes wool area rugs easy to clean and maintain.
- Green. Wool is a natural, renewable, and recyclable resource, which is good for the environment.
- Safe. Wool fibers are naturally flame resilient.
- Rich Colors. Wool fibers absorb and hold dye better than any other area rug material. This gives wool area rugs rich, deep colors Area rugs made from wool have deep, rich colors which cannot be replicated in synthetic fibers.
Wool fibers which have been further processed to remove the shorter fibers are called worsted wool fibers. Worsted wool fibers are more durable than non-worsted wool fibers.