- Use a Rug Pad. A quality rug pad, like our Super Movenot pad, will: keep your rug from sliding around and bunching up, which may cause premature wear; provide a luxurious feel underfoot; and will help extend the life of your area rug by reducing the wear on your area rug.
- Rotate your Rug Periodically. Over time, set traffic or sunlight patterns may cause uneven wear or fading on area rugs. Rotating your area rug 180 degrees once a year will help even out traffic patterns and fading effects of the sun.
- Vacuum your Rug Regularly. Regular vacuuming is the best way to remove everyday dirt and prevent soil from accumulating in your area rug. If possible, set your vacuum to suction only; if that is not possible, raise the beater bar/brushes to the highest possible setting and avoid vacuuming loose fringe.
- Clean Spills Quickly. Clean up spills quickly to avoid staining.
- Cut loose yarn or tufts. If you have a loose yarn or tuft, use a scissor and cut it down to the height of the pile; do not pull loose yarns or tufts.
Welcome to CraftRugs.com — your online source for factory-direct area rugs at up to 70% off M.S.R.P.
With over 50,000 styles and sizes from the world's best area rug brands, such as Karastan, Colonial Mills, Sphinx by Oriental Weavers, Shaw Living, Rhody Rug, Mohawk Select, Concord Global, Home Dynamix, and Capel, CraftRugs.com has the perfect area rug for every room and style. In addition to our large selection, CraftRugs.com offers Free Ground Shipping on all area rugs and rug pads shipped within the continental US, a 15 day In-Home Trial, and our Lowest Price Guarantee.
CraftRugs.com has launched this blog as part of its new website. Please check back often for information on the area rug brands we sell, special area rug discount offers, area rug buyers guides and design tips, area rug care and maintenance, and new product introductions.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Craftrugs.com recommends visiting the website of the manufacturer of your area rug for specific cleaning and maintenance instructions. Links can be found in our links section. However, below are some general maintenance and care suggestions.
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Mohawk Select area rugs are the premium choice when it comes to design, color and value. In addition to their beauty and durability, Mohawk Select area rugs are made from superior materials, blending the right colors, textures, and patterns to express your personal style.
Mohawk Select area rugs offer the ultimate combination of quality, style and affordability.
View the entire line of Mohawk Select rugs at CraftRugs.com.
Designed around today’s lifestyles, Oriental Weavers Sphinx area rugs are the perfect marriage of form and function. From the finest materials to the most trend-setting styles, the Oriental Weavers Sphinx name has come to be synonymous with quality, value, and style. Oriental Weavers Sphinx rugs can be kept and enjoyed for years, but are affordable enough to change as often as you redecorate. We have what you're searching for in style, color, quality, and selection.
View the entire line of Sphinx by Oriental Weavers rugs at CraftRugs.com.
Concord Global Trading offers a complete line of machine-made contemporary, transitional and traditional area rugs. Desirable styles, durable construction and favorable price points make Concord Global Trading area rugs a welcome addition to any room.
View the entire line of Concord Global rugs at ConcordGlobal.net.
To get a price on Concord Global rugs, call us toll-free at 1-800-819-RUGS.
Since its inception in 1986, Home Dynamix has established itself as one of the industry's leading source for area rugs. Home Dynamix features a plethora of styles and colors all built to last.
Whether you are looking to add a rug to your home or office, Home Dynamix has what you want.
View the entire line of Home Dynamix rugs at HomeDynamix.com.
To get a price on Home Dynamix rugs, call us toll-free at 1-800-819-RUGS.
Innovative design and leading-edge technology have given Shaw Living a unique position as a major U.S. producer of custom tufted wool rugs, fabricated rugs, injection-dyed (printed) rugs and machine-woven rugs in wool and synthetic yarns.
Shaw Living offers a complete line of area rugs offering a wide array of colors, styles, and price points.
View the entire line of Shaw Living rugs at CraftRugs.com.
Colonial Mills' combination of its hallmark New England craftsmanship and its innovative concepts like the rectangular style, the all-fabric braided-texture rug, water and stain resistant materials, and new fashions make Colonial Mills braided area rugs and accessories a welcome addition to any room in the house.
From family room to kitchen... bedroom to bath... dining room to patio, braided-texture rugs and accessories from cmi offer a dazzling array of color and design possibilities.
View the entire line of Colonial Mills braided rugs at CraftRugs.com.